Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and be aware of client’s actions and locations at all times.
- Apply all conditions set forth in Policy and Procedure Manual consistently and in concert with the Program Administrator/ Director of Services.
- Insure client’s safety and well-being at all times.
- Direct and supervise community inclusion activities.
- Supervise and assist client in establishing and fulfilling personal goals, individual objectives and behavior modification.
- Log daily activities, progress and other significant issues of clients in the Case Notes on a daily basis.
- Set and enforce behavior limits according to conditions in client’s Plan of Care as well as the Policy and Procedure Manual of Bright Horizon Homes LLC.
- Administer consequences according to facility, agency and state licensing policies.
- Report all behavior problems, crisis issues and emergencies to the Program Administrator/ Director of Services.
- Supervise client management of personal property and financial resources.
- Conduct oneself as a continuous role model for the client.
- Complete Critical Incident Reports according to standards and procedures specified in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Provide for the best service possible for the clients. Be aware of conditions and offer ways to improve upon operation of the facility and the agency as a whole.
- Attend and participate in community events, recreational activities and providing direct personal care if and when needed.
- Transporting client to doctors’ appointment and other appointments when necessary.
- Have six months of experience( full-time, paid or unpaid) or six months of training providing direct care to human services recipients(e.g., providing assistance to individuals or groups with problems caused by substance abuse, aging, physical intellectual disabilities, or juvenile delinquency).
- Ability to provide skill training, monitoring, supervision and support as indicated in Plan of Care. Direct Support Providers- Day Habilitation Workers provide these services in partnership with families and other team members.
- Has a strong written/oral communication skill with diverse populations including; families, team members and the public.
- Contributes to the professional reputation of Bright Horizon Homes LLC.
An applicant must have or be able to obtain the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- “Negative” results of a TB test within the last 12 months.
- (1) character references
- (2) employment references
- Must pass a federal background check.