Direct Support Provider
Bright Horizon Homes is currently recruiting for a Direct Support Provider for a 14 year old autistic male. This individual will be, working with a variety of tasks to include but not limited to:
- Supervise and be aware of client’s actions and locations at all times.
- Apply all conditions set forth in Policy and Procedure Manual consistently and in concert with the Program Administrator/ Director of Services.
- Insure client’s safety and well-being at all times
- Direct and supervise community inclusion activities.
- Supervise and assist client in establishing and fulfilling personal goals, individual objectives and behavior modification.
- Log daily activities, progress and other significant issues of clients in the Case Notes and on a Activity Log every time you have a client out for an activity
- Set and enforce behavior limits according to conditions in client’s Plan of Care as well as the Policy and Procedure Manual of Bright Horizon Homes LLC.
- Report all behavior problems, crisis issues and emergencies to the Program Administrator/ Director of Services.
- Supervise client management of personal property and financial resources.
- Conduct oneself as a continuous role model for the client.
- Complete Critical Incident Reports and Bright Horizon Homes LLC In House Incident Reports according to standards and procedures specified in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Provide for the best service possible for the clients. Be aware of conditions and offer ways to improve upon operation of the facility and the agency as a whole.
- Attend and participate in community events, recreational activities and providing direct personal care if and when needed.
- Transporting client to doctors’ appointment and other appointments when necessary.
- Assist the clients by helping them write a daily activity log to ensure that they are able to choose their daily activities, their schedules and locations of the activities they want to do.
An applicant must have or be able to obtain the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- “Negative” results of a TB test within the last 12 months.
- 5 references (2) character references and (3) employment references
- Must pass a federal background check. Applicants must pass a comprehensive pre-employment screening- background check * Obtain a State of Alaska Fingerprint Clearance Card (requires clean record and must be 21 years of age)
- Applicants must have own fingerprints – $35 for fingerprints
Wages: Hourly $15 per hour to start
Benefits: Will be discussed at interview
Bright Horizon Homes’ staff will post upcoming events on our website. You can contact us to find how you can join in with our activities at Bright Horizon Homes. READ MORE
Bright Horizon Homes is currently hiring new members to be part of our team. If you are interested, please apply online.
Bright Horizon Homes’ caring staff will be pleased to have a consultation with you at any time. We always look forward to assisting both you and your family. READ MORE