As a child develops inside the womb of a mother, he or she cannot basically do anything. Eating is all up to mother who, with the use of the umbilical cord, shares the nutrients to her child. When the child is born, he or she cannot see the word yet and thus is reliant on the people around him or her. Days will pass. The child will already be exposed to the world for a month. And after many months come many years, until the infant we once know becomes the adult that they are now.
Our own development works wonders in a lot of ways. But there are those children who develop differently than others and thus they need our understanding. In behalf of all these kinds of children living in Alaska, Bright Horizon Homes makes developmental disability care services in Kanabec Dr. Wasilla Alaska available. One case we are aware of is those children with autism. Growing up with this disorder is not easy. So as a parent or a stranger to someone with this condition, Bright Horizon Homes shares the facts about autism.
What is autism?
- Autism is a developmental disorder.
- This condition is pervasive overtime.
- It involves an irregular development of the brain thus affecting its function.’
As we at Bright Horizon Homes carry on with our developmental disability care services in Kanabec Dr. Wasilla Alaska, we noticed that clients with autism display the following:
- Decline of their social communication skills
- Rhythmic pattern of manners and entertainments
- Limited pattern of interests and behaviors
hat is the cause of autism?
For now, researchers, scientists and doctors are still unable to tell a single cause of the disorder. It is overall accepted that it may be because of an affected person’s abnormality in his or her brain structure. The brain scans of both children and adult with this condition is different than those that can be observed in neurotypical children.
Why should you know about autism?
Aside from exposing our staff that is responsible for giving developmental disability care services in Kanabec Dr. Wasilla Alaska, it is important for parents and even strangers to get acquainted with this disability for the following reasons:
- Autism affects 1 in every 68 children.
- 1 in every 42 boys will have this condition
- The prevalence of autism figures continues to grow.
- In the U.S., autism is noted to be among one in the list of fastest-growing developmental disorders.
- Autism is expensive.
It can cost a family an average of $60,000 every year.
- No one will know if a child is autistic even if one tries medical detection.
- There is no cure for autism.
How to help people with autism?
If you are one of the 67 people who are not affected with this condition, you should be grateful but it does not mean you should not introduce yourself to this disorder. People with autism are one of the misunderstood people in the human populace. Now that you know some things about this condition, please help spread awareness to your friends, children, family and acquaintances.